1. Website terms and conditions
About Using This Website
By using this website you are accepting all the terms of this disclaimer notice. If you do not agree with anything in this notice you should not use this website.
Warranties and Liability
While every effort is made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, the website is provided “as is” and www.strainrite.co.nz/Robertson Engineering Ltdmakes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information found on it. While the content of this site is provided in good faith, we do not warrant that the information will be kept up to date, be true and not misleading, or that this site will always (or ever) be available for use.
We do not warrant that the servers that make this website available will be error, virus or bug free and you accept that it is your responsibility to make adequate provision for protection against such threats. We recommend scanning any files before downloading.
Nothing on this website should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation and we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the content and use of this site.
In no event will www.strainrite.co.nz/Robertson Engineering Ltd be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential or special damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of profit, loss of contracts, goodwill, data, information, income, anticipated savings or business relationships, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damage, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any linked websites.
Nothing in this disclaimer notice excludes or limits any warranty implied by law for death, fraud, personal injury through negligence, or anything else which it would not be lawful for www.strainrite.co.nz/Robertson Engineering Ltd to exclude.
Licence To Use This Website
By using this website you agree to the exclusions and limitations of liability stated above and accept them as reasonable. Do not use this website if you do not agree that they are reasonable. If any of the points in this disclaimer notice are found to be unenforceable under applicable law that will have no bearing on the enforceability of the rest of the disclaimer notice.
Material on this website, including text and images, is protected by copyright law and is copyright to www.strainrite.co.nz/Robertson Engineering Ltd unless credited otherwise. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
Prior written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained for any other use of material. [(for artist sites): Copyright of all images on this site remains with the artist or copyright owner at all times.] No part of this site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose or financial gain.
All intellectual property rights in relation to this website are reserved and owned by www.strainrite.co.nz/Robertson Engineering Ltd.
Links to Other websites and Products
Links to other websites are provided for the convenience of users. We are unable to provide any warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content of such sites, or the reliability, quality or effectiveness of any products provided through external websites. A link to an external site does not imply an endorsement of the views, information or products provided or held by such websites.
Law and Jurisdiction
This disclaimer notice shall be interpreted and governed by English law, and any disputes in relation to it are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Zealand.
We reserve the right to revise and amend this disclaimer notice from time to time and any revised version will be deemed to be applicable from the first date of publication on this website.
This website is owned by Robertson Engineering Ltd
Company Number 29741
Company ROBERTSON ENGINEERING LIMITED
Current Status REGISTERED
Entity Type Company
75 MONTGOMERY CRES
Robertson Engineering Limited and its related companies (referred to as “we”, “our”, or “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information the user (referred to as “you” or “your”) may provide us whether in person or via our website or mobile applications (referred to as “digital channels”).
Collection of your personal information
Where possible, we will collect personal information directly from you. This includes when you:
- use our digital channels or contact us by telephone, letter or email;
- complete forms on our digital channels (including surveys, search forms, competition entry forms, registration forms, and order forms);
- create, modify, or use any accounts or registered user facilities available through our digital channels; or
- send messages using our digital channels (for example, when you ask us a question).
Personal information we collect from you may include your name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal or physical address, product preferences, demographic information (such as age and gender), or other personal information.
You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide your personal information (or if you provide incorrect personal information), we might not be able to provide you with access to certain information, products or services.
When you visit our digital channels, we may use automated tools and methods (such as cookies, sessions and website statistics software) to collect certain information about your visit, including:
- the internet protocol address and host name used by your device to connect to our digital channels;
- the operating system and the browser your device uses;
- the search engine or inbound hyperlink you used to reach our digital channels;
- the date, time and duration of your visit; and
- the pages viewed by you.
This information will be used to analyse how our digital channels are being used (for example, to improve the content and performance of our digital channels).
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about abnormal website usage patterns or website security breaches.
- personalise your visits to our digital channels;
- enable us to improve the content, reliability and functionality of our digital channels;
- enable you to use certain services or functionality;
- evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising on our digital channels; and/or
- track website usage patterns.
Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. Although you may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, you may experience a loss of functionality as a result.
Use and disclosure
We may collect, use, process, store and disclose your personal information, and, where appropriate, may allow our related companies and partners to use your personal information, for the following purposes:
- business purposes;
- collating company financial information;
- providing you with information on our goods and services;
- responding to any questions or correspondence from you;
- improving our digital channels and any related services;
- monitoring the quality and standard of services provided by retailers stocking our products;
- carrying out research and development;
- providing you with information about a service that you are using (including critical updates and announcements);
- eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- customising our digital channels to suit your particular preferences and interests;
- enabling your communication with us and other users via our digital channels;
- analysing usage, trends and statistics of our digital channels;
- verifying your identity or providing you with a replacement password when you forget your username or password for any account you have with us;
- suppling you with further information concerning products and services which may be of interest to you;
- providing general customer care services, including dealing with your enquiries and requests, and assessing and handling any complaints;
- conducting any sales promotions, competitions, surveys or events you enter or register for;
- facilitating and ensuring our compliance with legal and regulatory obligations;
- responding to enquiries from regulatory authorities;
- any other purposes that are authorised by you or are notified to you at the time of collection.
You agree that we (or any of our related companies) may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, partners, franchisees, or contractors;
- approved auditors;
- our third-party service providers, including (without limit), credit providers, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants; and
- other third parties with your express consent,
for the purposes set out above.
These authorisations apply to the benefit of, and are enforceable by, our related companies under the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, Part 2, Subpart 1 (and its successive legislation).
- we have given you reasonable notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of you, us, or others;
- we are required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
Where you have requested or authorised us to send you messages (for example, newsletters and information concerning products and promotions/services which may be of interest to you) you can request us to stop sending you such messages by taking any one of the following steps:
- using the unsubscribe feature (if present) in any such message
- if you are a registered user of our digital channels, logging in to your account and updating the appropriate preferences (if available) for that account
- contacting our Customer Service Dept. +64 4 524 9027
Once we have received your request we will, as soon as is practicable, comply with that request.
Access and Correction
Where we hold your personal information in such a way that it can readily be retrieved, you are entitled to request access to that information or to obtain our confirmation of whether we hold that information. We may require that you meet our reasonable costs of supplying this information to you. If we are unable to meet your request for access, we will let you know why.
If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
It is important to us that your personal information held by us is accurate, complete and current.
To request access to, or correction of, your personal information held by us, you may contact our Customer Service Dept. on +64 4 524 9027.
Storage and security
Where we store your personal information will depend on the nature and purpose of the information and the manner in which you supply it to us. Currently it will be held at our Head Office, Robertson Engineering, 81 Montgomery Crescent, Clouston Park, Upper Hutt 5018. But this is subject to change.
No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot warrant or guarantee the security of information transmitted from or to you. Once we have received your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to protect that information against loss or misuse and against unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
If the personal information we collect is no longer needed for any purposes for which it may be used or disclosed, and we are not required by law to retain it, we will either destroy it (in a manner that ensures its confidentiality) or permanently anonymize it.
Third Party Websites
Our digital channels may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of third-party websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When visiting a third-party websites from hyperlinks on our digital channels, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide will be collected, stored, used and distributed.
You may gain access to your personal information, make a complaint about breach of your privacy rights, or make enquiries about collection or use of your personal information by contacting us:
Customer Services Dept.
Robertson Engineering Limited
81 Montgomery Crescent
Upper Hutt 5018
Updated 10th January 2019